Updated 19 January 2022
Dear students and families,
We are writing to update you about classes in Term One. As you know, the school holidays have been extended by two weeks and children will be returning to schools on the 7th of February.
We have consulted with Ausdance QLD, the peak organisation for dance in the state, as well as our teachers, parents and professional colleagues across all regions to consider the best decisions for our studio and dance community through a risk assessment process. There is no government directive legislating our business/organisation’s activity.
In our case, Pinnacle Dance Academy will be commencing Term One on 31st January as originally planned. We have assessed health, community and financial risk, as well as the social and physical benefits of returning to dance and made this decision accordingly.
As a result of this risk assessment, we’ve also made the following health-related adjustments to the studio’s classes;
– Limiting numbers in the studio – Only enrolled dancers and their teachers will be allowed in the studio. This applies to all classes except Preschool classes (Me & My Grown Up, Bouncing Babies, Tiny’s, Minis) who may have ONE caregiver/helper and Rhythm Works who may have up to TWO carers/helpers with them where required. New students may have ONE person in the room for the first lesson they attend. We will have staff available at the front of the studio before and after classes for pick up and drop offs.
– Masks must be worn by all students over 12 years old in alignment with the QLD government legislations. Students may remove their masks as advised by staff members and/or when completing strenuous activities.
– Hand sanitisation stations available – Sanitiser and disinfectant wipes/spray will be available in all studio rooms. Teachers will apply hand sanitiser to all students on entry and exit of class.
– Cleanliness and additional cleaning – Staff will be regularly cleaning props, equipment and high touch points. Disinfectant wipes and sprays will be available throughout the studio.
More information will be regularly added to our website.
As you would imagine, this has been a very difficult decision to make and it may not sit well with everyone, but we are very grateful for your patience and understanding. We hope any changes will be temporary and that relative normality will return by mid-February.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Queensland dance community’s activities and guidelines, please contact Ausdance QLD on email@example.com or visit their website at www.ausdanceqld.org.au
Updated 29 March 2021
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER 1 PRIORITY
Due to the recent restrictions we will be closing our waiting areas. Parents are asked to drop and collect their students to the front of the studio. Senior assistant teachers and teachers will be waiting out the front to assist with pick ups and drop offs, to ensure dancers are returned safely to their cars.
We also ask families to please bring masks to wear while waiting for their class to start.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Updated 5 June 2020
YOUR SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER 1 PRIORITY
WHEN IS PINNACLE DANCE ACADEMY REOPENING?
We are very excited to get back into the studio just as much as you are. But please hold on a little longer! We want to make sure that the environment you are going into is as safe as possible, so we’ll be opening our doors Monday 13th July (beginning of Term Three)
We want to take the last weeks of Term Two (from the 15th of June) to test all of our systems and processes with our team under the new Level 2 restrictions, making sure that our studio will continue to be a safe place for you and for us. So, keep an eye out on your emails and get ready to start classes. We can’t wait to see you in person again!
ARE THERE ANY CLASSES THAT WILL NOT BE HELD AT LEVEL 2?
We will continue to run all classes, however, until the Government relaxes the guidelines around social distancing the following classes will be kept under close watch to ensure we are meeting the government guidelines.
– Strength and Conditioning, Acro
– All Preschool Classes
We are testing these classes as we cannot be confident that we can manage the social distancing of some of our younger athletes and we do not want to put other athletes or our staff in harm’s way. We hope to review this on the 22nd June when we have more guidance from the Government.
WHAT IS PINNACLE DANCE ACADEMY DOING TO KEEP ME SAFE?
Everything we can. We have put in place extensive new systems & processes to ensure your safety. We are following the Orders and guidelines set by Workplace Health and Safety, QLD Health and QLD Government; Return to play resources.
– Staggered start & finish times
– Separate Entry and Exits where venues allow
– People spacing upon entry
– Attendance taken on entry
– Health survey on entry
– Three phase cleaning – deep clean start of day including vacuuming floors, high touch point sanitizing between classes and disinfecting all surfaces including the floors at end of the day.
– Limiting numbers inside the studio, 30 people in our large studio and 8 in our smaller studio.
– Physical distancing of approx 1.5 metres in every venue.
– 1.5 metres will be marked in grids on floors and markers will be used to ensure social distancing
– Floors will be marked with arrows in relation to toilets and shared spaces
– No equipment or props to be used.
– Water drinking stations will not be available. Please bring a full drink bottle with your name on it.
– Hand sanitisation stations available, hand sanitizing on entry, during classes and on exit for all athletes.
– COVID-19 signage in the studio
– Some of our staff will be wearing masks/gloves when and where required
– full training communication and education to all our customers and staff before re-opening
WHAT PERSONAL HYGIENE DOES EVERYONE HAVE TO FOLLOW?
We ask that every athlete takes responsibility for personal hygiene and also respects the space of others including:
– Washing / sanitising hands after going to the bathroom.
– Coughing and sneezing into your elbow.
– Keeping within your 1.5m grid box and refraining from going too close to the next person.
– Bringing your own sweat towel and using it when needed.
– Bringing your own filled drink bottle named and placed in the corner of your grid.
– Not sharing or touching anything not necessary to training.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK OR GLOVES??
The wearing of a mask is your choice and not mandatory. Some staff will be wearing masks and gloves. It is mandatory for coaches taking privates to wear a mask if they are spotting skills or if within 1.5m of any athlete.
ARE YOU DOING ANY EXTRA CLEANING??
Yes, we will be. We have designed a three phase cleaning system to ensure all surfaces are cleaned thoroughly. Before class, during class and after class. Including vacuuming mats daily, high touch point sanitizing between classes and disinfecting all surfaces including the mats end of every day.
HOW WILL YOU DO CONTACT TRACING?
We will be using our attendance rolls in all classes and a sign in chart for anyone who enters our studio. We will know all athletes & staff who have been in our studio and will be able to do rapid contact tracing should it be required by the Ministry of Health. We do ask however, if you think your information is outdated please advise us.
WILL SANITISING STATIONS BE AVAILABLE?
Yes, we will have athletes hand sanitizing stations available throughout the studio. We will also sanitise before, during and after practice.
WHAT ABOUT PHYSICAL DISTANCING?
At Level 2, we will be marking the floors in approx 1.5m grids to ensure athletes stay socially distanced. As well as using floor marking and arrows to keep distance while moving around the venue. We will also be staggering class start and end times to allow a buffer between classes to ensure there is no congregating.
COMING BACK TO THE STUDIO – WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT?
Things will be slightly different to how they were the last time you were attending one of our classes, as we need to ensure distancing and athlete number limits. We will not be running close contact routines, stunting or using equipment. Nor will coaches be allowed to spot any skills. You will also notice the studio floor is marked into grids and other social distancing markers throughout the facility.
WHAT ABOUT OUR STAFF?
Our staff have undergone training and will be abiding by all physical distancing. Coaches have been given scripts for the health survey on entry and the health & safety reminder to go through at the start of every class. Along with training on our new entry and exit system.
HOW WILL YOU LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE RESTRICTIONS?
We will be educating all our athletes on zoom over the week before we re-open. As well as advertising our new guidelines extensively on social media and via email. And then before you enter the venue, you will see COVID-19 signage. And at the start of every class the instructor will go over all the guidelines and remind athletes how to stay safe during class.
I’VE RECOVERED FROM COVID-19 – CAN I CAME BACK TO THE STUDIO?
If you have been off sick we will require medical clearance for you before you can attend our classes. You can then return to the studio as long as you follow all COVID-19 processes and protocols including personal hygiene expectations.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH QUESTIONS I NEED TO ANSWER BEFORE ENTERING THE STUDIO?
- Are you feeling sick or have any Flu like symptoms, cough?
- Have you been in contact with a sick person recently?
- Have you traveled overseas in the past 14 days?
WHAT WILL I NEED TO BRING TO THE STUDIO?
Please bring a filled water bottle with your name on it and your towel. We also prefer you come already dressed in your training gear as our changing rooms will be closed.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT THE FIRST TIME BACK?
Firstly, you are likely going to have to queue to enter the studio. Not a long wait hopefully, and we’ll keep things moving as quickly and as safely as possible, but we will need to maintain physical distance and entrance protocols.
ARE OUR TRAINING TIMES THE SAME?
Our timetable has changed to allow for social distancing and to make allowance for our online classes that will still be continuing. Please check with your Instructor or Studio Manager for your new hours.
WHAT ABOUT CHANGING ROOMS?
Changing rooms will be closed for the time being, please come dressed for training.
WHY AREN’T WE ALLOWED TO FILL UP OUR WATER BOTTLES?
With COVID-19 known to sit on surfaces and transfer through the air we are being extra cautious to minimise its potential spread.
WILL THERE BE CLASS NUMBER LIMITS?
Yes. We are working on the social distancing measurement of 1.5m so this means that in our large studio we can safely have up to 30 dancers in a class and in our smaller studio we can have up to 8 dancers. We are working on approx 4sqm for each athlete and will be adjusting numbers based on floor space.
WILL I BE ABLE TO USE ALL THE EQUIPMENT I HAVE IN THE PAST?
No, we will not be using any equipment or props whilst in classes.
WILL PINNACLE DANCE ACADEMY VIRTUAL CLASSES STILL BE HAPPENING?
Yes, we will still be running a live stream of our classes for athletes who can not attend.
DO I HAVE TO COME TO CLASS?
No, you are more than welcome to attend classes virtually.
For More Information – Please click on the links below
Return To Dance Framework